Global cluster internationalisation – crossing continents for collaboration
Tuesday November 3, 1530-1700
CEBR hosted a workshop dedicated to global cluster internationalisation. Taking place by invitation only, the workshop showcased how clusters from around the world build international collaborations plus the decision making and long term delivery required to positively impact SMEs and cluster development. The workshop demonstrated the strong interest in sharing experiences and good practice and will contribute to a growing Global Cluster Hub.
Approximately 50 attendees from clusters and associations took part in the workshop, which was followed by a private drinks reception hosted by the EBD Group. CEBR would like to thank EBD for the workshop opportunity and to all speakers and attendees for making time in a busy conference.
Slides from the presenters are now available:
- BioM (DE) – Stephanie Wehnelt. Internationalisation strategy of BioM for the biotech clusters Bavaria and Germany
- FlandersBio (BE) – Henk Joos. A Science driven network economy
- Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation (JPN) – Erika Kim. Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster
- Atlanpole Biotherapies (FR) – Gregory Bauer. Cluster collaborations and the benefits for their members.
- Campania Bioscience (IT) – Luigi Pavia. Cluster internationalisation
- Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (THA) – Nares Damrongcai. Cluster internationalisation
- bioPmed (IT) – Fabrizio Conicella. bioXclusters – bioXclusters – the European strategic cluster partnership on personalised healthcare
- One Nucleus (UK) – Aline Charpentier. Supporting members in accessing North America.
- Adelaide BioMed City (AUS) – Jason Cameron. Open the door to Australia and Asia.
Attendees in addition to the speakers above include Berlin Partner für Wirtschaft und Technologie GmbH (DE), BIA (UK), Biopartner UK (UK), BIOTECanada (CAN), BioPark Regensburg GmbH (DE), BioTurku (FIN), Copenhagen capacity (DK), EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation (BE), Manchester Science Partnership (UK), Mediwales (UK), OBN (UK), Fondazione Toscana Life Sciences (IT), Innovation Quarter (NL), ChinaBIO (CN), Oslo Cancer Cluster (NO), Scottish Development International (UK), US Commercial Service (US/DE), UppsalaBio (SE), Genopole (FR), Enterprise Lithuania (LT).